To buy goods and/or services for your faculty or department, there are processes to follow which vary, depending on what you require and the total value of the goods and/or services being sought.
Before you start, it is important to remember that the University has preferred suppliers where cost effective prices are already negotiated, so these should be used as priority – saving you time and money.
The following takes you through what you should know and do to start buying. It also outlines to suppliers how they can get on the UNSW preferred supplier list.
For more information please contact Finance Helpdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org or call extension 53330.
Forms required for buying purposes can be found here:
- Buying Forms
- PRP1 - Purchase Requisition Form (under $10,000)
- PRP2 - Purchase Requisition form (over $10,000)
- PDCF - Purchasing Defaults Change Form
- DCST - Add or Amend an Existing Ship to Location Form
- RFQF - Request for Quote Form
- CDIF - Confidentiality and Declaration of Interest Form
- TOF - Tender Opening Form
- Purchasing Training
FIN-104 Purchasing Training for new staff is available online.
To register for the Purchasing module go to myUNSW and search under the course code FIN.
Approval is not required for Finance online training.
Once you register for training the module will be available to you in Moodle the following day.
To do the training go to myUNSW and click on the Moodle icon to the top right of the page to log into Moodle.
You will find the training module in your Moodle Dashboard.
If you have any questions about registering for online training please contact Finance Training Information email@example.com
- Purchasing Basics Quick Reference Guide
- Purchasing Captial Expenditure Quick Reference Guide
- Purchasing Approvals Quick Reference Guide
- Purchasing Match Exceptions Quick Reference Guide
- eProcurement Quick Reference
- Asset Help Sheet
- Asset Installment Initiative
- Bulk PO User Guide
- Buyer Report User Guide
- Correct Invalid Asset Account PO Error Alert User Guide
- Purchasing Class Room Training Materials
- Self Approved Order
- Change Order after Dispatch
- Dispatch an Order
- Bulk Order by Quantity
- Copy an Order
- Foreign Currency Order without a Deal
- Multiple Line Order
- REC cancel a partial receipt
- REC cancel a receipt
- REC qty bulk po
- REC amount only bulk po
- REC asset instal PO
- REC asset multiple components
- REC create partial PO
- REC po receipts menu
- REC po portal menu
- Asset install PO
- PO assets with multiple components
- EP cancel a line
- EP edit ePro req
- EP split ePro distribution
- EP default eProc chartfields
- EP Add more items
- EP create ePro Req
- PO cancel a po line
- PO Amount only bulk PO
- PO speedchart
- PO how to personalize your screen
- PO create PO needs approval
- PO Cancel a Purchase Order
- PO Cabcharge PO
- Procurement templates
- Approval Request
- Evaluation Criteria and Weightings
- Evaluation Scorecard
- Initial Data Package
- Insurance level assessment
- Market Analysis Factsheet
- Opportunity and Strategy Outline
- Procurement Project Recommendation
- Project Team Membership and Declaration
- Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- Site services and installment checklist
- Successful Letter
- Tender Exemption
- Unsuccessful Letter