Are you a staff member or student living overseas on UNSW business?
If you become ill or experience a medical emergency, your medical expenses may be covered by the UNSW expatriate medical insurance policy.
- Do I need to apply for expatriate medical insurance?
Yes. You must fill in an application form at the time of your employment or student exchange.
If you are a UNSW academic or non-academic staff member, you may apply for either single or family insurance.
If you are an exchange student, you may apply for single insurance only. There is no family type coverage available for students.
Step 1. Complete the expatriate_application_form.pdf
Step 2. Scan and email the form to email@example.com
Can’t email the form? Send a hard copy through the UNSW internal mail to:
Insurance Manager, Finance Level 2, North Wing
- What is not covered by the expatriate medical insurance policy?
It does not cover:
- routine medical examinations
- pre-existing conditions
- Medicare expenses
- cosmetic or plastic surgery
- sexually transmitted diseases
- injuries incurred while intoxicated
- injuries incurred while travelling against medical advice.
- Make an expatriate medical insurance claim
All claims must be made within 30 days of incurring the expense.
Step 1: Compete the Expatriate Medical Expenses Claim Form
The last page of the form must be completed by an authorised staff member (e.g. Head of School, Academic Supervisor, School Administration.)
Step 2: collate relevant receipts, scan and email to: A&H.Claims.Australia@acegroup.com
Ensure you keep a copy of all your documents
For more information please contact Insurance on + 61 2 9385 1890.