Skip to main content


This policy will be renewed at the end of October, therefore our insurer is unable to issue any documents past 31 October. Please email  Azita Karpour after 31 October if you require updated documentation.

NB: Any knowledge of an event which may give rise to a claim should be reported immediately to the Insurance team. Failure to do so may limit or negate the insurance protection available to the University.

  • Who/What is Covered?

    The University’s Property policy provides property insurance for loss or damage to property owned or leased by the University. The resulting loss of income, including additional costs to regain normal operations, is also covered. Such loss or damage must be unforeseen.

    Level of Cover

    The property insurance policy covers:

    Real property, including new buildings

    Personal property, including:

    • UNSW’s own property, whether situated at a UNSW owned Location, or at a Location owned by another party, e.g. another University, a joint venture partner, a commercial storage facility,  etc, provided  that the UNSW owner has requested the Insurance Team to notify the property insurer of that Location
    • Property leased by UNSW
    • Property in UNSW’s keeping which it is obliged to insure
    • Property in UNSW’s keeping which it is legally liable for

    An internal deductible of $10,000 applies to claims. However, the deductible may be waived, in part or in whole, based on the circumstances of the claim.

  • If Something Goes Wrong?

    All incidents of property loss or damage should be reported to Security, Estate Management (if there is building damage) and to Insurance Azita Karpour (02) 8936 4514.

    Making a Claim

For more information please contact Finance Helpdesk on or call 9385 3330.