Staff members must not approve their own expense claims that are incurred by themselves or on behalf of staff that report to them. Even if you are a financial delegate, you will need to submit your expense claim to your direct report.
If you are a financial delegate entering a claim on behalf of someone else, you are permitted to both submit and approve the claim.
- How do I approve an expense claim?
As a Financial Delegate it is your responsibility to:
- ensure that the information is accurate
- ensure that the expenditure is appropriate
- Ensure all receipts are valid and attached
You can :
- click on the link sent to you with the approval notification and approve the claim (you will need to log into NS Financials)
- confirm your approval by way of an email attached to the claim (allowing a FST member to perform the system approval on your behalf)
- use the ER1 form which you can sign and attach to the claim
You can also log into NS Financials at any time and check your ‘To Action’ list for any outstanding expense claims to approve.Home