If you are a staff member and you spend your own money on UNSW business, you can make a claim for reimbursement.
All expenses must be for a legitimate University purpose, meaning they are reasonable and appropriate in the circumstances, and publicly defensible. The expenditure must not be, or perceived to be excessive and must meet the following principles:
- Necessary to perform a valid business purpose fulfilling the mission of the University
- Reasonable in that the expense is not extreme or excessive, and reflects a prudent decision to incur the expense
- Appropriate in that the expense is suitable and fitting in the context of the valid business purpose
- Allowable according to the terms of any federal regulation, sponsored contract, or University Policy and Procedure.
- What expenses can I claim?
You will be reimbursed for allowable expenses relating to UNSW business as outlined in the Business Expenses Policy & Procedure.
- How long will it take to receive the money?
Once approved, your claim will be paid in the next pay run (usually within 2 to 3 business days).
- How do I make a claim?
You can claim back your reimbursable expenses using SAP Concur EMS, click here to go to the My Expenses page which outlines the processes and where you can log into Concur.
- Where will I receive the money?
The money will be paid into the same bank account as your salary. If you need to use a different account please contact your Finance Services Team to discuss before entering the claim.
- What if I am claiming an expense in foreign currency?
You can enter your claim in foreign currency by using the currency drop-down list. It is important to note that the system will use the exchange rate of that day so if you want to use the exchange rate you were actually charged you should convert your claim into Australian Dollars and make the claim in that currency. You can look up past exchange rates at the Reserve Bank of Australia’s exchange rates listing.